The International Healthcare Center at Asan Medical Center (AMC) opened in 1989 in order to meet the medical needs of non-Koreans who visit Korea as tourists or for business purposes. However, since the outstanding care of AMC has received attention through the international mass media, the number of overseas patients who travel to AMC seeking excellent treatment has dramatically increased annually. In order to meet these increasing demands, the International Healthcare Center has expanded its role and capability and can now provide a variety of services so that foreign patients can receive the very best care during their stay at AMC.
The following describe the various services we provide:
1. Full-time Family Medicine specialists who speak English fluently;
2. Services for foreign patients only;
3. A patient escort and translation service whose volunteers are full-time employees of AMC;
4. A HOTLINE service for patients whose first language is not English, e.g. Russian, Japanese, Chinese (Mandarin), etc.; and
5. A patient referral system composed of a team which includes a physician licensed in patient transport, to help take patients to a specific hospital in their country.
The AMC International Healthcare Center does its best to help foreign patients take full advantage of our health care services regardless of their home country or language.